Werribee Mansion Easter Egg Hunt: top tips
The Werribee Mansion Easter Egg Hunt, held on Good Friday, is one of the best-known egg hunts around – selling out faster* than a Kylie Minogue concert.
2019 tickets are SOLD OUT.
When: Good Friday 9.30am – 3pm
Where: Werribee Mansion, K Road, Werribee (Enter via Gate 2) click here for map
What: Easter egg hunts, egg & spoon races, live performers, carnival rides, craft activities, prizes, easter egg sales.. bring a picnic and a ball to kick. Food stalls are also on site.
Cost: in 2014 $15/ticket (3 and under FREE). Proceeds from the day (and egg sales) go to the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal (over $1mill has been raised to date)
Top Tips from Zoe
This is an annual family day out for Zoe and her family, so she knows all the ins and outs:
- Buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale (about a month before).
- Practice with your kids at home beforehand, it gets pretty competitive but kids can get 100+ eggs if they are quick! Tip – eggs are everywhere, tell the kids to head to the empty areas and around the fences to avoid getting trampled/missing out. It’s ok to cheer them on from the sidelines.
- Get there early – to get a good picnic spot with a view of the stage and a coffee before the que gets big at the coffee cart.
- Take your own food and drinks (there is no alcohol sold on site if you fancy a wine with your picnic).
- Pack a picnic blanket, sunscreen etc (not much shade).
- If you stick around till 3pm all the Cadbury Easter eggs go on sale – so you can pick up some bargains, the range is limited though.
- Bring money for the raffle tickets.
For more tips and information visit the official website.
Have you been to the Werribee Mansion Easter Egg Hunt before? Love it or was it a one time only? Leave a comment below and tell us!
*This is totally not true as I made it up, but surely at some point in Kylie’s career she’s had a concert that has taken longer than 2 hours to sell out.
This review was first published in 2012 – all efforts are made to keep it current if you notice any notes that need to be updated please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.