CATS the musical
Have you heard? CATS the Musical is coming to Melbourne, fresh from London’s West End! And if that wasn’t already cool enough, Delta Goodrem will play the coveted role of Grizabella.
When: 18 December for a limited season, book tickets here. (Please note there will be no performances on Friday 25 Dec 2015 and Friday 1 January 2016)
Where: Regent Theatre, Collins Street MELBOURNE
A mini review from Immi and I after opening night:
Delta was an absolute highlight. There is one moment (and if you’ve seen it you’ll know what I mean) where she opens her lungs and the room (figuratively) spins. As for the show itself it is fun, at times surreal and, on occasion, the electric keyboard takes you back to the 80’s. I loved it, Immi was less moved (but she loved Delta). -ends-
If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed the odd sneaky photo of my cat Gus occasionally appearing in the feed… and it’s no secret (to those who know me well) that as a child I was obsessed with anything “cats” (hence my choice of football team).
When I was a child I coveted poster from the West End show – back when it was first performed (yes I am that old) and I thought the costumes and makeup were amazing… as a child of the 80’s it was impossible to be immune to the soundtrack. So I am a bit excited CATS is coming to Melbourne and one of my own childhood dreams of seeing it live on stage will finally come true!*
CATS has won a truckload of awards (Tony’s, Olivier, Grammy’s and more) as well as broken all sorts of world records for numbers of performances – apparently it’s been seen by 73 million people around the world!
The London production coming to Melbourne has been recently reworked, introducing a rapping ‘street cat’ in the famous Rum Tum Tugger role, who will perform some serious breakdancing moves.
Based on T. S. Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats, the show is set amongst a larger- than-life junkyard playground and is alive with our favourite feline characters including Rum Tum Tugger, Mr. Mistoffelees, Macavity, Jennyanydots, Old Deuteronomy, Grizabella and Skimbleshanks.
Meetoo has two double passes to giveaway to two lucky readers. Each pass is valued at $239.80 and is valid for the Friday 18th December, 8pm performance.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
To enter all you need to do is:
- Follow @meetookids on Instagram
- Share a photo of your cat (or someone else’s if you don’t have one) on Instagram and use the hashtag #MeetooCATS
- Like a bonus entry? Tag your kitty loving friends on any of @meetookids posts that include the #MeetooCATS hashtag. Each friend tagged = 1 bonus entry
Please note – if your account is set to PRIVATE you will need to tag @meetookids in the photo, so that I can request to be your friend (and see your post). Also, any Instagram accounts that are run purely for the purpose of entering giveaways will not be accepted – see T&Cs below for more information.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must live in Victoria Australia (sorry it’s Vic only due to different state legislations).
- This competition closes at 10pm, Wednesday 9 December 2015. The winners will be randomly drawn and notified via mail.
- Any specific conditions outlined above must be taken into consideration (specific dates and times are not negotiable).
- Tickets are only valid for use on Friday 18th December, 8pm performance.
- To qualify to enter you must be aged 18+.
- To qualify for entry, you need to follow @meetookids on Instagram and use the hashtag #MeetooCATS. (Please note any spam or competition accounts that use the #MeetooCATS hashtag, or are tagged, will not be considered an entry).
- For more information about your privacy visit here.
*Immi and I attended opening night as guests, this is not a sponsored post and all comments are my own.