Enchanted Adventure Garden
The Arthurs Seat maze, or the Enchanted Adventure Garden, is a fantastic destination for a half or full day of fun with all ages. Plenty of shade and loads to do – the kids will be begging to go back!
When: Daily from 10am. Garden’s are open until 6pm but some sections close from 4pm onwards – check the website for all the details.
Where: 55 Purves Road ARTHURS SEAT
Cost: Adults $29, child 3-17 $19, under 3 FREE. Tree Surfing & Gardens starts at $29.
If you are spending time on the Peninsula or just heading down for the day – the Enchanted Adventure Garden is heaps of fun for families of all ages. Get lost in the different mazes (and at last count there were nine), visit the gardens, enjoy the bush scramble, have a blast on the tube slides and check out the tree surfing (tree surfing is not included in the entry price and does have a minimum height/age requirement) and more.
If you are looking for an experience that will keep the kids busy and active for three plus hours then the Enchanted Adventure Garden is a fantastic destination. It’s a pretty space with something to see around every corner. There is an onsite cafe – but we’ve always packed our own snacks/lunch, there are plenty of picnic spots throughout the gardens.
- We save the Tube Slides till last so that we can have as many turns as our legs will allow. This is also a great spot for lunch (if you started your Enchanted Adventure first thing in the morning). This is the most exposed spot in the Garden – so if it’s going to be sunny or wet make sure you plan your visit to this section accordingly. Parents of little ones under 5 years you will probably be required to assist with pulling the Tubes up the hill – it’s a bit steep and the Tubes can be a bit heavy for little ones.
- Don’t miss the 3D Indoor Maze – it’s a bit further up the path but it’s worth the trek. The last section has a rotating floor (with a fixed bridge through the middle) that creates the illusion you’re falling so you might want to help little ones navigate this section (I had a good giggle at this point as everyone was desperately clinging to the bridge railings suffering vertigo).
- Tree Surfing is extra cost and must be booked in advance – it’s accessed at an entry just near the main entrance (inside the Gardens). The new Nippers Course (which opened December 2013) now means that children who are 4+ and 100cm+ can now go Tree Surfing with an accompanying adult. Click here for more information. Tree Surfing tickets include entry into the Enchanted Adventure Garden.
- The Enchanted Adventure Garden is lots of fun when you do it with friends.
- FYI there is a lolly shop at the exit.