This competition is now closed, Congratulations to Erin, Laurelee and Nicki who all won $50 Westfield’s vouchers as part of the Meetoo Honda Hybrid give-away.
Meetoo has been asked to test drive a Honda Hybrid for 10 days! Follow our adventure by clicking here and to have the opportunity to win one of three Westfield gift cards worth $50 each read below.
So some facts about Honda’s hybrids:
- Their super efficient petrol engines are assisted by an electric engine – this gives them extra power when they need it, and allows the car to still operate in situations when it doesn’t need the petrol engine running
- The electric motor is powered by batteries and these batteries are charged by the car while it’s driving, during deceleration – so there is never any need to connect to any other power source
- All the battery components are fully recyclable – and the power supplied by this alternative energy source allows the car to work on between 1/3 – 1/2 less petrol! Honda is very committed to reducing CO2 emissions and these Hybrids are really just the first stage in a very long term plan
- All Honda Dealers across Australia are able to service hybrids – and for extra peace of mind the battery and electric motor come with an 8-year warranty
- As production numbers are constantly increasing the associated production costs are decreasing – maybe five to ten years ago these cars were much more expensive, however these days they start at $33,000 drive away… not only an environmental gain, but if you’re using 30-50% less petrol then over time you’ll be saving money
- Driving a hybrid is just like driving a petrol car – it feels the same to drive and it has just as much power
Enter the competition NOW by submitting your name and telling us one new fact you’ve learnt about hybrid cars
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Entrants must live in Australia. Competition closes at 8pm, Wednesday 24 October 2012.
To qualify to enter you must complete the entry form above – one entry per household permitted. This process requires you to provide your email address so we can contact you if you are the winner.
By entering this competition you agree to be automatically subscribed to Meetoo – if you are not already a subscriber. Your privacy is protected and your email address will not be used for anything other than notifying the winners and, where applicable, being subscribed to Meetoo.
Winners will be chosen at random by Meetoo on Thursday 25 October after 10am EST [been extended from Wednesday 24 October after 8pm EST] and will be advised by email. Winners have 24 hours to respond to their notification email, if no response is received it’s at Meetoo’s discretion to re-draw that prize.