Anyone with toddlers through to senior school aged kids should seriously consider a Museum Membership – it gives you unlimited access to the three Melbourne Museums as well as national and international Museums. Learning in 3D is a wonderful thing.
Museum Victoria has given its membership program a bit of an overhaul in recent years. From the packaging of its members welcome letter through to the access to special Museum events and benefits – it’s very worthwhile considering the investment if learning through experience, osmosis and play are appealing propositions to your parenting bag of tricks.
Cost: A household membership (2 adults and 4 kids) $79, adult $50, child $15
What does it get you:
- Unlimited free general entry. Show your Museum Members card every time you visit for free general entry to Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum and Scienceworks.
- Express entry at Melbourne Museum and Scienceworks
- Member events including exhibition previews
- Early bird information on upcoming programs and events
- Tours and viewings not open to the general public
- Pre-sale ticket opportunities
- Reciprocal visiting rights to partner venues, including: Australian Museum (Sydney), Australian National Maritime Museum (Sydney), Discovery Science and Technology Centre (Bendigo), Powerhouse Museum (Sydney), Questacon (Canberra), Science Alive! (Christchurch, NZ), Science Centre (Brisbane), Science Centre (Wollongong), SciTech Discovery Centre (Perth)