Tell-A-Tale is a game that allows young children the opportunity to become storytellers – and choose their own adventure determined by imagination and the roll of a dice.
Thank you to our guest reviewer Fiona who received a sample on behalf of Meetoo to test out and report back on!
Our five-year-olds eyes lit up when the Tell-A-Tale box arrive in the post – he recognised the game from kinder and couldn’t wait to share it with his little brother (aged 2).
Both boys enjoyed playing with the pieces and doing their own imitation play/story before even getting started with the actual game! They loved that their story evolved to get sillier and funnier resulting in lots of laughs.
We did find the die quite large for little fingers, so rolling four dice at once was tricky and rolling each dice individually tended to slow down the game as things got off track (possibly a cup to use as a shaker might help little fingers).
Tell-A-Tale games are great for using imagination without screen time – along with an opportunity to hone the general negotiations/turn taking etc that go with playing a game.
TELL-A-TALE comes in two options, Fairytale and Barnyard (we have featured Barnyard in these photos).
Suited for ages 3+
The Benefits of Tell-A-Tale include:
· Quality educational games
· Helps develop creative thinking
· Develops problem-solving skills
· Improves verbalisation & communication
· Promotes social interaction and language development
competition closed: congrats to Anna, Poppy and Lauren!
We have 3 Tell-A-Tale Prize Packs to giveaway, including both the Fairytale and Barnyard editions and valued at $60 each.
To enter share a funny tale in the comments below of something you (PG please!) or your kids did recently.
It can be as simple as you like. The three tales that make me laugh out loud will win the prize pack – and if there are more than three I will get my two mini judges to help make the final shortlist.
- You have until midnight Thursday 16 March.
- Enter once by leaving your story below in the comments, for a second BONUS entry share this post on your Facebook and include the URL link to the Facebook share in the comments below. Be sure to set the privacy of the share on Facebook to public so that I can see it. (And if you don’t want to have that URL link seen by everyone here, share it in a separate comment to your story and I won’t make the comment public).
- You must be an Australian resident and over the age of 18.