Good news! The Windsor’s Chocolate Afternoon Tea buffet is now a permanent fixture, running every school holiday.
When: Monday 30 September to Sunday 6 October (Monday and Tuesday, 11.30am – 2.00pm. Wednesday to Sunday, 11.30am – 4.30pm)
Where: The Hotel Windsor, 111 Spring Street MELBOURNE
Cost: $99 adults | $50 (7 to 12 years) | $30 (3 to 6 years) | $119 with a glass of Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne. To book telephone 9633 6183 or visit www.thehotelwindsor.com.au
If you love tea, scones, fancy sandwiches, chocolate, cakes, chandeliers, silver, attentive staff and an excuse to frock up – then this is a treat not to be missed.
Set in the stunning surrounds of the Hotel Windsor, this is a feast for all the senses… and a lovely way to mark a special occasion for all ages. Immi and Charlie were so excited to put on their Sunday best and indulge in something glamorous. Nothing makes you feel more like a movie star than having a doorman sweep open the doors with a flourish and welcome you with a cheerful greeting.
Upon arrival we were shown to our seats and drinks were ordered, two pink lemonades, a glass of French champagne (for me) and sparkling water for our special guest (and the children’s appointed, by them, godmother). Soon after our drinks arrived so did the towers carrying our scones, savory treats, and sandwiches (see menu below). Added to this we had the full run of the chocolate buffet which contained an incredible array of white, milk and dark chocolate delights.
With each session approximately 2 hours long, there is plenty of time to sip and nibble on all the things. I think the sheer scale of goodies completely overwhelmed us as we honestly struggled to make much of a dent in anything. We did thoroughly enjoy considering all of the choices (there were many!) as they were all so mouth-watering, and the kids did go back for seconds.
The Chocolate Buffet Afternoon Tea includes:
- a glass of French sparkling wine on arrival (for adults)
- a choice of 11 specialty teas or coffee
- savory canapés
- ribbon sandwiches
- plain and chocolate scones
- Longchamp – chocolate and hazelnut dessert
- dark chocolate choux puffs
- lemon & white chocolate eclairs
- a milk chocolate and hazelnut Paris-Brest
- dark chocolate tarts
- Gianduja tarts
- coconut and milk chocolate macarons, white chocolate and strawberry macarons
- a white chocolate and lime cheesecake
- chocolate/blackberry and tonka entremets
- dark chocolate and lemon myrtle bonbons
- an Australian native mint dark chocolate
- the milk and dark chocolate fountain, served with an array of delightful dipping ingredients including chocolate marshmallows, white chocolate and cranberry brownies, chocolate madeleines and waffles
- and more!!
Disclaimer: we were invited to review. All views are my own and current at the time of publishing.